![]() |
| Luckily it was only for half an hour! |
I arrive in Calais via the euro-tunnel, a surprisingly fast, convenient and only slightly nerve-wracking experience (for someone who has never used the service before and by themself!). I got onto a train 2 hours earlier than I had booked, with no extra charge, which was wonderful, as I was expecting to pay around £10.
Upon arriving in Calais, I found my network provider had *poof* vanished, into thin air. Considering my phone (like many millions of other phone users), rely on their network providers not only for communication but as a satnav, I was quite at loss at what to do. I didn't have directions to the hotel as I assumed (as with my previous network), the service would continue through another provider. Alas, the lovely lady in the first petrol station out of the tunnel gave me directions to the general area of the hotel (as she wasn't too sure which one it was exactly). After only getting a little lost for a short while, I stumbled across the hotel. I requested a quiet room... I'm pretty sure I'm the youngest in this side of the hotel by a considerable number of years. But that's fine, youths (or yuv's) do my head in anyway!*
![]() |
| Room with kind of a view. You also have a lovely home, sir! |
I immediately open the windows to my room, to let the stifling and still hot air out, just a stones throw from the beach and overlooking a mosaic of gardens. I hear the twittering of birds instantly and the sounds of lorries, trucks and revving engines slowly disappear.
I've come for nature, and nature pays me back tenfold.
*Retracting my statement about quiet old people, right load of noisy *****


No comments:
Post a Comment